Rafael Nadal

Tennis – The return of Rafael Nadal, who is positive for Covid-19, is sad



Rafael Nadal announced on Monday that he has tested positive for Covid-19, a new blow for the world tennis star that has jeopardized his preparations for the Australian Open, where he will return after months of injury.

Returning from Abu Dhabi, where he attended an exhibition tournament, Majorcan tweeted: Tested positive in a PCR test when I arrived in Spain “. ” I’m going through bad times but I’m hoping I’ll be better gradually Winner of 20 Grand Slam tournaments, 35 years old, currently 6th in the world. isolated and hidden “It’s his home. The actor, who didn’t specify whether he had symptoms, said he warned” all the people in contact with “.

During the Abu Dhabi tournament, Nadal was photographed unmasked with Juan Carlos, the 83-year-old ex-king of Spain, who made a rare public appearance while in exile, particularly in the United Arab Emirates on suspicion of doing something wrong. ancient ruler it’s going well However, a spokesperson from the royal palace said that due to his contact with the actor, he will conduct a PCR test.

an unfinished agenda

Nadal said he would do it himself. show full flexibility ” with him ” calendar and he said he would analyze it according to his options. evolution “. ” I will keep you informed of any decisions regarding my next tournaments ‘ he assured.

This announcement was a blow to former world number one as it comes less than a month before the Australian Open, where the Spaniard will sign his return to the Grand Slam. The player, who has been absent from the field since this summer due to the injury to his left foot that caused him to miss Wimbledon and the US Open, chose not to showcase his ambitions for the first Grand Slam of the year, scheduled for January 17-30 in Melbourne.

The Spaniard would soon fly to Australia to compete at the Melbourne ATP 250.

As a start to this tournament, the left-hander would soon fly to Australia to participate in the ATP 250 in Melbourne from January 3-9. The actor suffers from Muller-Weiss syndrome, a degenerative disease that causes deformation of one of the bones located in the middle part of the foot. Nadal found the public at the exhibition tournament in Abu Dhabi on Friday to assess his physical condition. There he lost to Andy Murray and Denis Shapovalov.

New wave of Covid-19

The Australian Open will be held in the midst of a new wave of Covid-19 outbreaks around the world due to the high-speed spread of the Omicron variant. Australian officials had already warned long before the tournament that all players from abroad, their environment and their management must be vaccinated in order to be accepted into the country.

These rules apply to vaccination-resistant Serbian world No. 1 cast doubt on Novak Djokovic’s involvement. But “Nole”, who refuses to officially say whether he has a vaccine or not, is on the list of players announced for the next Australian Open, released ten days ago. Australia’s second city, Melbourne, has experienced a total of more than 260 cumulative days due to Covid, making it one of the longest under the bell cities in the world.

The Australian Open should also see the return of three more stars after a few months hiatus: Ashleigh Barty, world No. 1, Naomi Osaka, former WTA No. 1 and Gaël Monfils.





Source link

About the author

nismiste

Leave a Comment