It’s a tradition we’re very attached to. Since 2004, Eurosport.fr’s editorial team has announced last year’s athlete personalities rankings at the end of December. 25 members of our team participated in the voting to determine the athlete of the year and the 2022 French athlete.
Starting next Tuesday, we’ll announce the top 10 of our two rankings, based on a countdown starting December 20. You’ll then be able to discover top 10 France and 10th ranked athletes in our Top 10 world. Then on Wednesday it will be the 9th ranked champions and so on. The two winners will be announced on Thursday, December 29.
As a reminder, the mode of operation for each of the voters is as follows:
France against the rest of the world, when Irving rang the bell, Grand-Bornand: set of the day
17 HOURS AGO
- There are two classifications: one French, one international. In case of equality of scores, the number of citations is determined between different athletes.
- Each of the 25 voters gives 10 names for each of the two standings. The first receives ten points, the second receives nine points, and one point is awarded until the 10th place. Points are then added up.
- The French may be in the International Top 10, but it is clear that it is not the other way around.
- These are just individuality. No group can be included in this ranking. The only exception is the inseparable duo (example: Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron in figure skating).
- The rankings are mixed. There is no separate ranking for men and women.
The record holder in this field remains Sébastien Loeb. The WRC driver has been crowned four times (2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011). Swimming is the only sport to have established four different champions (Laure Manaudou, Alain Bernard and Yannick Agnel in Olympic year and Florent Manaudou in 2015). Last year judoka Clarisse Agbegnenou was awarded after two Olympic titles in Tokyo. It’s the first time a champion has been honored since Amélie Mauresmo in 2006 she.
Reminder of the top 10 2022
1. Clarisse Agbegnenou (Judo)
2. Fabio Quartararo (Motorcycle)
3. Alexis Pinturault (Alpine Skiing)
4. Julian Alaphilippe (Cycling)
5. Sebastien Ogier (Rally)
6. Earvin Ngapeth (Volleyball)
7. Ludovic Fabregas (Handball)
8. Romain Cannone (Fencing)
9. Perrine Laffont (Freestyle Skiing)
10. Antoine Dupont (rugby)
Two sports monopolize most of the titles: tennis and track and field. These two disciplines combine 13 victories (7 for tennis, 6 for athletics). In a minor Grand Slam match in 2022, Novak Djokovic joined Roger Federer with three wins.
The absolute record holder in this field is named Usain Bolt, who was crowned by the editorial staff of Eurosport.fr in 2009, 2012, 2013 and 2016. But since 2016, athletics has remained in the background.
Reminder of the top 10 2022
1. Novak Djokovic (Tennis – Serbia)
2. Elaine Thompson (Athletics – Jamaica)
3. Max Verstappen (Formula 1 – Netherlands)
4. Caeleb Dressel (Swimming – USA)
5. Tadej Pogacar (Cycling – Slovenia)
6. Tom Brady (US Football – USA)
7. Karsten Warholm (Athletics – Norway)
8. Emma McKeon (Swimming – Australia)
9. Marcell Jacobs (Athletics – Italy)
10. Clarisse Agbegnenou (Judo – France)
D-2, Hero, 100%: Tray of the day
YESTERDAY AT 05:59
Mbappé will find Messi, Superligue and Fillon Maillet at Grand-Bornand: Set of the day